If a beach destination wedding is in your future, you need to find a perfect cost-friendly dress. Explore the beach wedding trends for the season and choose attire that’s perfect for the sun, sea, and sand.
Before getting on board with this plan, look out for these beach wedding fashion ideas and tips:
- Check the weather of the destination. Beaches in the Caribbean are warm and breezy, while locations in South East Asia have a humid climate.
- Pick the right fabric for your outfits. Chiffon, organza, linen, tulle, and cotton blends are the best choices.
- With sand under your toes and blue sea as the backdrop, choose light colors in your attire, so it doesn’t look over the board. Match the beach vibes with floral prints, stripes, and dots.
- Skip the veil and train if you’re wearing a ball gown or Indian bridal attire. But, don’t miss other accessories like statement jewelry or glitzy headbands. Carry a Pashmina shawl or stole to keep you warm after the sun sets, and a cool breeze starts drifting.
- Ditch the high heels if you don’t want to fall terribly in the sand. Choose ballet flats or Gladiator sandals instead.
Now that we know the basics, let’s check out the latest destination wedding trends for a beach ceremony.
Color Details and Sheer Fabrics
Gossamer fabrics and sheer details are the ideal elements for warm weather dressing. Choose color-blocked sheath dress or lace fabrics in watercolor hues to complement the beauty of the ocean.
Instead of going all-white or red, pick a dress in neutral or blush shades with floral motifs. Follow wedding fashion trends 2020, and add a touch of green to your outfit to match the tropical vibes of the beach.
Play with the Hemline
Whether you plan on wearing a traditional gown, an Indian ensemble, or a cocktail dress for your beach wedding, you can experiment with the hemline. Asymmetrical or high-low hems look pretty dramatic.
Accented hemlines with tiered ruffles also look amazing as the shapes and curves of your dress will match the ocean waves.
Off-Shoulder Necklines Rule the Beach Wedding Trends
Pick a Bohemian off-shoulder neckline and a relaxed silhouette for your wedding dress. A crop top with a long skirt and a cape can work for a traditional ceremony on the beach. Opt for beach waves to get ready for your quaint seaside event.
A strapless A-line silhouette with a sweetheart neckline is the forever classic. Keep it simple or choose light accents, depending on the type of ceremony.
Pick any of these beach wedding trends for your special day. When shopping for your attire, don’t forget that you have to travel with it to the destination.
So, avoid heavy embellishments and fabrics. You may consult our destination wedding experts to make the right decision.